What is Diversity and Inclusion?
Inclusion in the workplace occurs in an environment where everyone, from a talent pool of diverse backgrounds, all feel like they belong. Development of the ability to understand, communicate with and effectively interact with people across different cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
Why is Diversity and Inclusion important?
Paraphrasing Verna Myers, if Diversity is being invited to the party; Inclusion is being asked to dance. In today’s social climate it is now more important than ever to instill in your employees, students, teachers and those in positions of authority to develop:
- Cultural awareness through cross-cultural skills.
- An awareness of one’s own cultural worldview.
- A positive attitude toward cultural differences.
- Knowledge of different cultural practices and worldviews.
- Anti-bias and anti-racist practices and worldviews.
Through Rosann’s background and expertise in academics, higher-learning, professional training, career growth, and Latin American and Caribbean history, she delivers effective Diversity & Inclusion Training to higher learning audiences, corporate professional organizations, and career development and educational institutions.
Rosann Santos provides:
- Diversity and Inclusion training in the office
- Diversity and Inclusion training for students
- Diversity and Inclusion training for teachers
- Diversity and Inclusion training for police officers
By facilitating self-assessment: Am I contributing to an environment where we all feel as though we belong, Rosann creates an mindset that fosters cultural sensitivity: Everyone here deserves to be here; it’s my effort and commitment to creating an environment of diverse perspectives for the betterment of all. I will use my voice to create an organizational culture that attracts diverse talent so that we all WIN.
Rosann helps individuals and groups understand that their abilities to properly analyze and ensure their systems of cultural awareness to create diverse and inclusive workplace and social environments.
Rosann will help your organization evaluate systems and processes to remove biases so that equitable leadership practices are put in place such as:
- Insisting on a diverse pool that is inclusive to groups of non-white candidates and women.
- Establishing objective criteria when designing job qualifications and rating all candidates equally and on their own merits.
- Limit referral hiring if you currently hire from social networks of your current workforce while recruiting more broadly.
- Mindfully assign diverse talent to high value projects so that valuable opportunities represent inclusiveness.
- Equalize your access by meeting with everyone equally and regularly.
- Clarify performance criteria so that you have specific and well-detailed criteria on performance evaluation for considering promotions.
Rosann makes it clear that Leaders must Role Model good behaviors to create a diverse and inclusive environment in the workplace. She is not only known for delivering deeply engaging, interactive conversations in live workshops and seminars but also for her ability to effect audiences in an online virtual environment. She is adept at transferring the energy and deeper meaning of her message into a virtual environment in a unique, effective manner.
Her commitment to helping students, teachers, employees, police officers and professionals from all walks of life develop Cultural Proficiency in an ever-changing social landscape is unparalleled.